Here’s everything awesome that’s happened this week in SEO:
1) This Won’t Scale
Drift’s marketing team published this awesome book all about how to grow your business rapidly and avoid the headaches that usually come with that. Even better: it’s free.
2) Understanding UX Makes You A Better Developer
David Martin published a fantastic article about the importance of understanding UX from a software developer’s point of view.
3) The Motherlode Of SEO Articles
4) Mapping Keywords
Ahrefs posted an awesome article, “How to Find and Map Keywords to the Buyer’s Journey.” I highly recommend it.
5) Case Study On Cannabis Marketing
From The Future posted this case study about they drove a 290% increase in organic traffic and conversions for a cannabis client.
6) How Startups Make Content Marketing Work
TechCrunch posted this article all about how startups actually get their content marketing to work. A really interesting read, especially if you’re part of a smaller company.
7) Two Awesome Tweets
First up is an excellent article from Hillary Weiss, which gets into the dark side of the generic advice about “raise your prices.” It’s not always the best advice.
Now this is cool – Bing Ads is rebranding. Can’t hurt to give Google Adwords a little run for their money. And while we’re on the topic, check this out about Google’s plans to monetize Google business listings. You’re going to want to pay for these to complement your organic listings.
Finally, check out Jeff Bezos 2018 Letter to Amazon shareholders. There’s a lot to be gained from these kinds of letters, but definitely check it out, if only to gain more clarity about what it takes to be a better writer.
Checking in for another awesome Mashup Monday.
You know all those SEO blogs written by people who don’t actually do SEO, but sit around and hyper analyze the latest Google updates all day? Or the ones who turn tweets from Google employees into blog posts?
Well, this is NOT that! We’re focusing on content that’s actually going to help you grow your business! So here are a few cool things I came across this week:
- Great article over at Spin Sucks on getting people to pay attention to your influencer outreach
- A must-read over at the the Animalz blog for those looking for a content marketing role
- Good post from John Doherty about how to do an SEO audit (very much on the same page with this approach!)
- Content marketing gold over on the ahrefs blog – nice one, Rebekah!
- More goodness from ahrefs – Josh Hardwick wrote a post on “The Middleman Method” (smart, smart branding!)
Cool. Don’t get too lost trying to create something that matters.
Here’s everything cool that’s happened with SEO in the last week:
1) I wrote this article, “A quick guide to SEO in 2019,” on Search Engine Watch and you should definitely read it. Well, if you want to.
2) Nick Eubanks, of SEONick, wrote this awesome guide on keyword research. If you actually want to do keyword research, read this article because Nick is amazing at keyword research. I think this was actually part of a paid course, which he decided to make free.
3) Elizabeth Warren announced she wanted to break up tech giants like Facebook and Google. Facebook blocked the ads supporting her announcement. Yeah, bad move. But don’t completely take your eye off Google just yet.
4) How to Check If Search Engine Evaluators Have Manually Reviewed Your Site
Matthew Woodward published a great guide about how to see if Google had someone manually check your website for quality. What he found was that after Google reviews a site, its traffic always changes. It might go up or down, but it does not stay the same.
5) Google came out with a core SEO update.
I use these Mashup Mondays as an opportunity to highlight the people you should be following if you really want to learn more about SEO in 2019. That’s it for this update.