In November of 2018, I sent Rebekah Bek of Ahrefs an email with an interesting idea:
In 2019, I’d launch a new project where, for 100 weekdays (20 weeks total), I’d be publishing:
- 1 podcast episode
- 1 YouTube video
- 1 blog post
Every day will be focused on an interview or my review of a current piece of SEO content, my take on it, and how I’d apply that information if I was starting my business AND if I had an already successful business.
The goal with each day’s publish is to educate, empower, and entertain.
I’d be leveraging those ten years as a classroom teacher to break through the noise and genuinely demystify SEO.
It’s just SEO, not sorcery.
I saw a bit of an opportunity and I wanted her help. Here’s Rebekah’s reply:
So what was that damn good pitch?
It was not only a detailed story of exactly how I’ve radically changed my life with SEO, powered the tools and data from Ahrefs, but also an opportunity that I saw:
Despite allll of the SEO content online, there is still a unique opportunity to:
- Change how the uninitiated see SEO
- Create evergreen SEO content
It seems like every single time I get into a group of people and ask them “Are you struggling to implement SEO?” I get this kind of response…
And so I proposed a mission…
The 100 Days of SEO Mission
- Make SEO less intimidating
- Highlight the best contributors in the SEO community
- Radically change somebody’s life with SEO
That’s it. A simple 3-part mission.
But I felt like I could do more than just 300 pieces of stellar SEO content. So in addition to the daily video/podcast/blog publishing, I’ll also be:
- Posting daily to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Sending out a daily email to subscribers
- Sending out a weekly recap email to subscribers
- Producing a weekly live recap and Q&A show every Friday via Crowdcast
- AND giving away a free, members-only, workbook to go with every single video, podcast and blog post
I’m absolutely overjoyed that three amazing sponsors have already signed up to support this project…
More coming soon!